Maureen Shuell is a bilingual, government relations, communications and event strategist with over 20 years of experience in senior roles in political and not-for-profit environments leading communications’ strategies, government relations’ projects, large-scale conferences and trade shows. She has prepared and accompanied delegations for meetings with MPs, orchestrated media events on Parliament Hill and managed large scale website and digital projects. For over a decade she led communications and events for the Canadian Urban Transit Association.
In 2012, she founded the consulting firm, RendezVous Communications with a focus on Bringing People and Ideas Together through integrated issues management, marketing, media relations, social media, government relations’ strategies and meeting facilitation.
Among others, she has worked with environmental, ecological, and clean technology organizations, transit systems, trade associations, George Brown College, the Canadian Mental Health Association, the National Capital Commission, the Ontario Human Rights Commission, and in senior political strategist roles at Queen’s Park.
Maureen is a member of CanSPEP (Canadian Society of Professional Event Planners) and served as volunteer VP of Marketing on the Board in 2014-2015. She is also a member or the Toronto Region Board of Trade and CSAE (Canadian Society of Association Executives) and volunteers with the Trillium Chapter.
- Far reaching experience in communicating complex issues to a broad range of stakeholders
- A political advisor experienced in linking communications strategies to government relations and advocacy campaigns
- An expert planner and strategist of major events and conferences
- A skilled meeting facilitator and emcee
- Seasoned media relations professional in working with traditional and social media strategy and implementation
- Fluent in English and French
Core Expertise: Public Relations, Government Relations, Media Relations, Social Media, Event Management, Bilingual (English/French)
Other Professional Resources
We also have a strong professional network of skilled colleagues to bring in for specific roles and expertise as required.