Maureen Shuell is a bilingual, government relations, communications and event strategist with over 25 years of experience in senior roles in political and not-for-profit environments leading communications’ strategies, government relations’ projects, large-scale conferences and trade shows. She has prepared and accompanied delegations for meetings with MPs, orchestrated media events on Parliament Hill and managed large scale website and digital projects. For over a decade she led communications and events for the Canadian Urban Transit Association.
In 2012, she founded the consulting firm, RendezVous Communications with a focus on Bringing People and Ideas Together through integrated issues management, media relations, social media, government relations’ strategies and meeting facilitation, with a lens on the sustainable transportation, infrastructure and clean technology sectors.
Among others, she has worked with environmental, ecological, and clean technology organizations, transit systems, trade associations, academic institutions, the Canadian Mental Health Association, the National Capital Commission, and in senior political strategist roles at Queen’s Park.
Maureen is a member of CanSPEP (Canadian Society of Professional Event Planners), the Toronto Region Board of Trade, the Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN), and ITS Canada She has an extensive professional network, and is actively involved with the Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) and the Women’s Infrastructure Network (WIN).
- Far reaching experience in communicating complex issues to a broad range of stakeholders
- A trusted political advisor experienced in aligning communications strategies to government relations and advocacy goals
- An expert planner and strategist of major events and conferences
- A skilled meeting facilitator and emcee
- Seasoned media relations professional in working with traditional and social media strategy and implementation
- Fluent in English and French
Core Expertise: Public Relations, Government Relations, Media Relations, Social Media, Event Management, Bilingual (English/French)
Other Professional Resources
We also have a strong professional network of skilled colleagues to bring in for specific roles and expertise as required.